You are here
THE HATFIELD AWARD FOR THE STUDY OF ETHICS IN BUSINESS
Through the generosity of friends of Robert S. Hatfield (Class of 1937), the Program on Ethics and Public Life is able to grant annual awards in his honor to support research and study of ethics in business conducted by Cornell undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and student organizations.
The next application deadline is Monday, April 15, 2019.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
2018 HATFIELD AWARD WINNERS
- KEVIN GOH for research on Japanese work ethics through interviews in Japan and New York City
- SIMONE SMITH for research on financial and business regulations during an internship at Senator Mark Warner's Senate office.
2017 HATFIELD AWARD WINNERS
- FANGCHEN SUN participated in a business ethics study in AIESEC Rabat, a local NGO
- MARC MASSON participated in an internship at the Solidarity Center in Rabat, Morocco
- AVI APPEL attended a business ethics conference at the Wharton School
2016 HATFIELD AWARD WINNERS
- EJEB DEMA participated in a forum in Washington, D.C. on issues of privacy raised by information technology
- LIN FU participated in a conference on agribusiness in Thailand
2015 HATFIELD AWARD WINNERS
- JENNIFER PARK traveled to NYC to interview a CEO about business ethics
- AVI APPEL worked on a social media project here in Ithaca
- TRACY DI PETRILLO traveled to Venice, Italy for a month-long legalPAD Italia Innovation Program
- ELINATHAN OHIOMOBA traveled to Florence, Italy for a human rights course through the Academy of European Law
NEIL LUBOW MEMORIAL ESSAY PRIZE
The Neil Lubow Memorial Essay Prize is awarded each semester to an outstanding essay in ethics or ethical aspects of public policy in a Cornell writing course, with the generous support of the Riger-Potash Family Fund.
Applications are submitted by students and their instructors via the Knight Writing Institute, which has further application information.
The Spring 2018 Lubow Essay Prize was awarded to Marin Langlieb for her essay "A Dorm 'For any Person?'".
Questions? E-mail Margaret Nichols, firstname.lastname@example.org.