I am an Associate Professor in the Sage School of Philosophy, Cornell University, as well as the Himan Brown Continuity Fellow for the Jewish Studies Program at Cornell. I am also affiliated with the Groningen Centre for Medieval and Early Modern Thought, Netherlands. I am the book editor for Philosophical Review, and an editor for PhilPapers.
My main research interests are in the history of metaphysics and philosophy of mind, early modern philosophy, Jewish philosophy, idealism, philosophical theology, and the relationship between metaphysics and ethics. My teaching interests include also continental philosophy and philosophy of art.
In the news
- Spinoza on mind-body identity: Hübner wins best article prize
- New Frontier Grants push boundaries in A&S research
PHIL Courses - Fall 2023
- PHIL 4900 : Informal Study for Honors I
- PHIL 6290 : Proseminar in the History of Philosophy
- PHIL 7000 : Informal Study